Jim Takasugi brings over 25 years of experience in problem solving, specifically in international project planning, design, strategic planning and portfolio management. Jim’s work spans from North America, Europe, Japan, and Asia.
Most recently, as Director of Advance Planning and Portfolio Management for Cisco Systems WPR, Jim was responsible for the strategic positioning of 22 million square feet of Cisco’s global corporate real estate, spanning over 300 locations in 80 countries.Jim has provided thought leadership in the rapidly changing technology environment, incl:uding
- Global Blueprint
- Idea Arbitrage
- Embracing Uncertainty
- Categorize, Standardize, Virtualize!
- Optimization Defined
- Diffusion of Innovation
- Innovation Accelerators
- Speed Scale Elasticity
- Transformational Business Processes
- Technology Enablers, Mobility, Cloud, IaaS, REaaS.
- Strategic Business Objectives – RE Drivers
- Evolution of Office (and why we havent advanced since the Medicis)
Between 2000-2007, as Senior Client Relationship Manager for Cisco System’s global sales and marketing organization, Jim was instrumental in establishing Cisco Systems’ global Field Sales Office Strategy (FSO), an integrated network of sales office solutions, consisting of best-in-class customer demo and briefing centers, and a work environment to enable mobility of its dynamic sales force, while showcasing Cisco’s technology to end customers.
Prior to joining Cisco Systems, Jim was the lead planner, designer and architect of record for projects in the US and Japan.
Significant projects include:
- Master Planning for Intel HQ Site, Santa Clara CA
- Campus Master Planning for San Jose City College, Foothill Community College, and DeAnza Community College, CA
- Planning and Design for Stanford University, Stanford CA
- Master Planning for Hakone Kowakien Resort, Hakone Japan
- Planning and Design for Saikaibashi Corazon Resort, Sasebo Japan
- Planning and Design for La Vista Golf Course Club House and Hotel, Chiba Japan
Jim is a graduate of University of California at Los Angels in Mathematics, and California Polytechnic University at San Luis Obispo in Architecture. He is a registered architect in California and resides in Silicon Valley with his wife. Jim is an avid gardener, hiker, skier, road cyclist, and a long-time golf novice.